[OM] Re: Cosina/Epson digital RF

Subject: [OM] Re: Cosina/Epson digital RF
From: Jim Brokaw <jbrokaw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2004 21:42:04 -0800
on 2/18/04 1:19 PM, Winsor Crosby at wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> It is sort of good news, although the gorge rises seeing a film wind
> lever on it. I would hope for a really nice one to come out of the
> Hexar remains at Konica-Minolta. But maybe that is what the Panasonic
> Lumix DMC-LC1/Leica Digilux 2 is and the next step is the one with
> bigger sensor and interchangable lenses?
>

> Winsor
> Long Beach, CA
> USA

I think the 'film' wind is still necessary to cock the shutter mechanism...
which is still mechanical. No motor in there, and none needed since there's
nothing to 'advance', but the shutter still needs winding. I suppose you
could use an electric solenoid to do it (is that how the E-1 mirror
works...?) but that would use up the batterys. I didn't care for the
'chronometer' style readout on top, seems like you could get better quality
information from an LCD. But overall its intriguing, and I'm going to be
watching to see how much it costs and if it sells...
--

Jim Brokaw
OM-'s of all sorts, and no OM-oney...