[OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #56

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus Digest V1 #56
From: "Walt Wayman" <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 13:11:36 -0500
When I bought my current speakers, the Vandersteen 3's, I spent a
couple of weeks auditioning various brands.  It all finally came
down to Vandersteens, Thiels or Snells.  They were really close,
but the Vandersteens won out because they, like me, were a little
more mellow and sweet-sounding and with a big, but tight and
controlled, bottom end.  :-)

In more hi-fi sorts of terms, I felt the Thiels lacked a bit of
bass solidity and snap and sounded a little slow compared to the
Vandys.  I expect to hear not only the sound of a drum being
struck, but also the sharp "whack" of the stick when it strikes
it.  The Snells, to me, were a bit tizzy and slightly harsh at the
top end.  I could live with any of them, though.

Walt