[OM] Re: Why E1 over others?

Subject: [OM] Re: Why E1 over others?
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 20:33:20 -0800 (PST)
> what do you use Vuescan for? I use it for scanning
> slides, how does it
> help with your A1 images?

VueScan is able to convert most camera RAW files.  It actually
does a better job in many cases than the regular converter.
Where it falls down is with those odd aliasing situations.  I'm
bopping back and forth as necessary.  Vuescan produces lower
noise, negates the 2 pixel color shift and is slightly sharper.
But the regular converter preserves the camera white balance
settings and has better aliasing characteristics.

> Also, with the current to 2-3 year out technology, how could
> one even
> attempt to do a live histogram on an optical VF? I wonder if
> they could do
> something like a transparent EVF?

Beam splitter and low res sensor?  The live histogram could be
superimposed on the focus screen or below the screen in a data
readout.