[OM] Arbus

Subject: [OM] Arbus
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 01:14:23 -0700
I don't really feel qualified to do that. Actually there were a few
that I kind of liked. Seeing the whole exhibit, it seemed to me that
she was hostile to her subjects and exploited them. Her way of doing
that seemed to suck the humanity right out of them. Most of them were
defenseless against her and her camera. The few that I liked were the
ones where the subject seemed to reveal something about themselves when
caught unawares. I would not want disagree with people who say she is
one of the great photographers. I would just keep that opinion to
myself. Just don't like the stuff.

Winsor
Long Beach, California
USA