[OM] Re: Leica shots

Subject: [OM] Re: Leica shots
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 08:33:50 EDT

> >OK....poll time...Zuikoholics...How many own Leicas?

Well, I think you all heard of my experience with Leica and my switch back to
OMs. I still do own a Leica CL kit, which I'll keep forever.  Leicas will
certainly give you very very good results, mostly due to their lenses, that's a
fact and not a myth. I just wasn't thrilled with the whole handling/film
here
on the list more than I enjoyed using Leica. I also felt somewhat guilty
keeping $10-12K or more tied up in a part-time film kit. I sold off most of it
and
got back into Olympus in a big way for a small fraction of the cost. You use
a Leica slowly, not too well suited to action subjects, and my style wasn't
suited to a system or a method of use that is stuck in the early 1950s.

 In the SLR world, IMO- nothing is better than Zuikos. That's obvious from
the samples posted by Skip, Graham, and others.

George S.