[OM] Re: Leica shots

Subject: [OM] Re: Leica shots
From: "John Wheeler" <wheelej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 09:54:44 +1000
Bought my M3 new in 1960 prior to wandering all over Europe for the next two
years. Still got it and added a fair bit of secondhand gear to the system
until the prices got silly.

It originally came with a Summarit 50/f1.5 which I found on the unsharp
side. I swapped this lens at Wallace and Heaton in London for a 50/f3.5
Elmar and have never regretted it. Added a 135/f4.5 Hector while in Germany.
Some years later acquired a Visaflex II housing together with a 200mm Telyt
and a 65/f3.5 Canadian built Elmar. Still got it all - cold, dead hand
stuff.

Leitz seems to get a lot of 'tall poppy syndrome' knocking but I suspect
mainly from people who have never owned their gear.

John, (who's still liking OM's more each day but finding that the path to
satisfaction with results can be littered with frustration),
Sydney, Oz.

David Cochran <cochran@xxxxxxxx>
was written successfully