[OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?

Subject: [OM] Re: 40mm pancake - collector or shooter?
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:47:45 +1000
And if you tried really hard you might find the 40/2.8 Elmar! Seen it
on the bay - prototype for the CL, horribly rare, only a very few made
before they changed their minds.
The Rokkors for the CLE are multi-coated so are not identical - they
may be better. It also has a proper filter ring (40.5?) instead of that
annoying bloody 39mm coarse thread for the series 5.5 filter/hood! I'd
grab one at $200 for my Voigt R2. The 28mm Rokkor has a problem with
white 'glue spots' around the element edge which put people off but are
no problem in images I believe.  I use the 90/4 Elmar-C lens for the
few times I want a portrait with the rangefinder - a very nice cheap
alternative.
AndrewF

http://www.pbase.com/afildes