[OM] Re: Shoe 4

Subject: [OM] Re: Shoe 4
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 19:42:10 -0300
on 28/05/2004 03:13, Moose at olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Certainly used to be true here in the US, and I assume it still is, just
> as there is no thesis in MD training. It would certainly be contrary to
> the interactive and experiential nature of the training as I understand
> it. I assume undergoing psychoanalysis oneself is also required there as
> it is here.
>
> Moose
Hi Moose,
Yes, personal psychoanalisis is required in any psychoanalitic association I
know of, whichever its theoretical flavour (there are many).
After you finish personal psycoanalisis, aprooved the control cases and
finish the theoretical courses (4 to 6 years, doesn't matter really) its up
to each one to become an Associate Member and then a Titular Member. Or one
of them or none of them, doesn't matter. But to become an AM and then a TM
the psychoanalist must aproove a theoretical/clinical work (a thesis). Since
this year, becoming an AM is considered equivalent to a Master Degree by our
University, and becoming an TM, to a PhD. I myself only hope to aproove the
control cases then stop. Life's too short...

Regards,

/F.