[OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Big move for me
From: Andrew Dacey <frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2004 11:22:11 -0300

On Jun 17, 2004, at 6:17 AM, Donald MacDonald wrote:

> Hey, Andrew.
>
>               Good choices. I'd be tempted to ditch the 50, take a faster
> long
> lens, and take a couple of short tubes and a decent teleconverter
> rather than the macro extender. But I'd bet the majority of stuff will
> be shot with the wides...

The main reason I wanted to put the 50 in was because it's the fastest
lens I have. I could see possibly leaving at home if I were to get the
85/2 fixed because then I'd have a nice mix of 35 for slight wide and
85 for short tele and the 50 wouldn't make as much sense. I'd probably
be tempted to ditch the 135 in favour of the 200/4 in that case as
well. As for speed on the long end, this was all based on my existing
lens collection and I don't own anything faster. As for the 2x macro
tele-converter, that's a Vivitar unit which functions as a normal 2x
converter as well as having a focusing hellical for close up work,
pretty handy. I don't really anticipate doing a lot of macro but the
only other converter I have is an old cheap Sigma that's not all that
great.

Andrew "Frugal" Dacey
frugal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.tildefrugal.net/