[OM] Re: ( OM ) B&W film for low contrast

Subject: [OM] Re: ( OM ) B&W film for low contrast
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 03:45:06 +1200
Hi all,

John Lind wrote

> Sounds like a good plan.  Better than the one I outlined using two rolls of
> Scala if "rough draft = final copy" and precludes experimentation.  In doing
> that, I recommend "going for broke" with the Scala at EI 100, Pull-1
> developing
> . . . which you hint at doing.  If you do that, ensure you mark it **clearly**
> EI 100 / Pull-1.  The labs see more push than pull.

So, please elaborate, John. I have now bought one roll of 36 exp - $22 NZ a
roll at mates rates.  The canister states ASA 200 as I understand it.

For Pull-1, do I expose at ASA 200, or ASA 100 ??  Or something else??

This will be the first roll through my OM2000 which should have had a new
shutter installed by next week - remember the OM2000 and the vendor
omitted to reveal that the self-timer didn't work? - and the self-timer
features
are the reason why I bought it in the first place. The self-timer gears etc are
part of the shutter, strangely enough. Costs here will be shutter about $NZ
140, installation about another 90.

I decided that repair was probably the way to go. At least I can trust "my"
repairman.

Fingers crossed

Thanks, Brian