[OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound

Subject: [OM] Re: OM4 strange electronic buzzing sound
From: W Shumaker <om4t@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:38:23 -0400
I looked into what it would take to replace the OM-4t circuits with
a new processor, like TI's processor, which has on-board A/D,
can power down to very low current, etc. The tricky part is to
find a photo diode sensor like what is in the OM's. With newer
chopper stabilized OP amps, many of the OM circuits could be
simplified, remove potentiometers, calibrate digitally, provide
user customization. A serial interface to the bottom contacts,
... I pulled most of the schematics for the OM-4 from the patents
a few years ago.

By the time you add it all up, you have serious development time
and you might as well find a camera company to make a new
body with faster shutter. Or become a camera company.

If you want to download 45mB in files contact me off list.

Wayne