[OM] Re: Introduction Simon Worby

Subject: [OM] Re: Introduction Simon Worby
From: "Gareth.J.Martin" <g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:51:37 +0100
Hello! As Gord said its a great list with great people. I don't post
much but read it all the time. I guess I'll have to put some photos up
in the future though...

I really do like the bee on the honeysuckle and your black cat is very
nice as well. I know the technicalities of taking photos but I haven't
got the hang of producing a "good" shot yet, though everytime I take
shots I feel as though things improve. The two best methods I've found
for learning to see a photograph is firstly to look at everything around
you and think how you could make a photograph from it and if it would be
a good photograph (I suppose this is subjective), that way you begin to
hone your eye for a photo. Secondly stick with one lens (I usually
always stick with my Zuiko 50mm f3.5 macro) for one photographic trip.
You learn so much about composition and framing when you only have one
lens with you. Actually there is a third rule I follow and that's too
always use a tripod! I'm sure someone will pitch in with other ideas (or
shoot me down in flames :-) ). Anyway welcome to the list!

All the best,
Gareth.

>>Time to introduce myself, having been "lurking" for a fortnight or so...
>>
>>My first OM was an OM-10, bought for me when I was 14 (I think) as a
>
> birthday present. It went wrong, and I got an OM-1N to replace it (which I
> still have). Via various purchases, including recently on eBay (oh dear!) I
> have around a dozen Zuiko lenses plus an additional OM-2N (with which I am
> very impressed).
>
>>I understand it's protocol to post a few pictures. Please forgive me as I
>
> haven't actually got an artistic bone in my body. I'm fascinated by cameras
> from a technical perspective, though, and do (at least feel) I understand
> *how* to take photos, but framing arty ones is beyond me at the moment
> (though I'm keen to learn).
>
>>Anyway, here are some photos, simply scanned in, no cropping, no
>
> electronic jiggery-pokery. All taken on Fuji Superia (100 or 200) and
> printed by Club35 in London.
>>Now that's out of the way, I've got some questions to follow shortly in
>
> other messages....
>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>Simon Worby
>>Newbury
>>==============================================
>>List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
>>List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx
>>==============================================

> List usage info:     http://www.zuikoholic.com
> List nannies:        olympusadmin@xxxxxxxxxx

Gareth.J.Martin

Research Postgraduate
School of Geographical Sciences
University of Bristol
University Road
Bristol
BS8 1SS

g.j.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
bluesteel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

attackwarningred@xxxxxxxxxxx
eclipsing.binary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

NE NLCOG - The amateur NLC observing group:
http://freespace.virgin.net/eclipsing.binary

Support Mozilla Firefox:

"The only way of discovering the limits of the possible
is to venture a little way past them into the impossible."

Arthur C. Clarke's Second Law.

"There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not
wave in a vacuum."

Arthur C. Clarke