[OM] Re: Tamron 60-300 Manuals

Subject: [OM] Re: Tamron 60-300 Manuals
From: James Michael King <jking@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:10:28 +0100 (BST)

On Sun, 19 Sep 2004, Brian Swale wrote:

> Amab wrote
>>
>> Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2004 13:40:41 +0000
>> Thank you James.

no problem its not a bad lens. On ebay in the uk it is not popular because
of its size and weight. Very good condition ones can be picked up for
about 50 pounds or less.
in macro mode it does not have quite the sharpness of the Tamron 90mm but
unlike the 90 (which can only go 2:1) the 60-300 will focus closer and go
1:1 I find it quite difficult to accurately focus mine but my father has
used two for aircraft photography for years and is happy with them.

>However a manual will still be helpful.
My father has a copy of the
manual but it will be a while before I plan to visit him. So if you
are not in a hurry I will see what I can do.