[OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter

Subject: [OM] Re: Question about OM-4 spot meter
From: Andrew McPhee <macca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:07:29 +1000
At 08:37 PM 21/09/2004 +0100, Jez Cunningham wrote:

>IIRC the short-term spot memory is cleared when you advance the film - so
>you have to re-spot every frame.  UNLESS you twist the little lever "MEMO"
>which will remember a spot reading after you advance the film.  The
>viewfinder LCD shows MEMO when there is a spot reading stored and the led
>on the top plate blinks.
>What do you see in your LCD and does the led blink?

Hi Jez,

I hate to contradict you, but the spot memory is not cleared when the film
is advanced. Which is just as well in the case of my OM-4 because if it did
clear I'd never be able to use the spot meter.  If I take a spot reading I
can advance the film and the reading is kept, even without using the memory
function.  But when the shutter is fired the spot reading is cancelled.

The viewfinder displays MEMO (when the Memory switch works that is) and the
top LED blinks.

Regards,
Andrew McPhee