[OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos

Subject: [OM] Re: E1 and ancient Zuikos
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 10:14:23 -0200
on 25/09/2004 18:09, Dorothée Rapp at om@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Better: try it somewhere. These decisions have to be based on gut feeling...
Hi Doro,

I tried one for a few minutes a couple of weeks ago.
Gut feelings: liked it in general, sturdy built. Since I've never used an
autofocus camera before, I was surprised how the AF fooled on a low contrast
scene (the Olympus announcement, yellow letters on blue background). Was
also surprised at the small viewfinder, though I could focus manually there
with ease. Nice standard zoom, but didn't quite impress me. Too many readout
info here and there, even inside the small viewfinder.
Very easy to trigger the shutter, perhaps too easy. Quiet, silent. No
surprise you find an amazingly small mirror (and focusing screen) inside ;^)
I myself informed the local rep about the lens adapters, they didn't know
(were not informed) whether they existed.

Regards,

Fernando.