[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:12:51 -0400

>   Question: I have an OM2S which works fine most of the time, but which
> tends to leave dark portions on the left-hand side of the image on
> occasions, because the curtain sync is off or something. I took it to a
> local repair place, and they quoted me $250 (~US$200) to fix it, which
> seems reasonable given how much fiddling around there is involved and
> apparently OM2S's are more complicated internally than most, but it's
> still a fair bit of money.
>   -- dan

If you want to spend a bit of time on the auction site, you can likely sell
your OM2s for about $50 as a parts camera, and buy a like new one for about
$150. Doesn't make a lot of sense, but a lot of things that go on on epay
fall in that category. The extra grip on my OM2s is likely worth about as
much as the rest of the camera on epay these days. Guess it must be to me
too, or I'd sell it :-)
Wayne