[OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question - flash sync

Subject: [OM] Re: Back on-list, and a question - flash sync
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 08:18:42 -0500
Mark said:
I ran another roll through my OM-2S with the sync cord running to the
Alien Bees AB800. This time I kept the mode in Manual and varied the
shutter between 1/30 and 1/60. The 1/30 photos were all fine, the 1/60
had the dreaded black bar up the left hand side. My conclusion is to use
1/60 with my TTL T32 and 1/30 with the sync cord.

Is anyone able to get 1/60 shutter speed while using the X-sync socket
to a monolight, on any flavor of OM, or is 1/30 the best bet? I could
use some validation right now...

I agree with the Schnozz who concludes that your 2s is probably sick but
it won't hurt to test an identical setup.

I don't have any film in the 2s's at the moment but I'll be off to
Disney World for a family trip soon and I intend to travel very light
photographically.  I only plan to take a Stylus Epic and/or an XA which
have not been used in quite a while.  These need to be tested so I'll
also feed the test roll into the 2s and check it against the B800's at
1/60th.  Maybe I'll try both of them.  Each has had a CLA by Clint or
John within the last 2 or 3 years so should be working OK.

I'll also test both the sync signal coming off the hotshoe and the PC
contact.  Don't know of any reason why it might be different but I'll
check to make sure.

Send me a reminder if I haven't sent results within a couple of days.

Chuck Norcutt