[OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?

Subject: [OM] Re: OM-1 to OM-4T - worth an upgrade?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:07:40 -0800
Robert McFetridge wrote:

>Actually thats my sense of it but in the literature it seems to be an
>issue.

Battery life in the OM-4 series is an issue for several reasons.

1. Sometimes, some of us don't have enough to fret about and start to
pick nits of little or no consequence. :-)

2. When used with alkaline or lithium batteries, or even low drain
silver-oxides, OM-4s sometimes do things that seem to defy logic and can
drive you crazy when the batteries are partially discharged.

3. When use with proper, that is, high-drain type, silver oxide
batteries, they work flawlessly for a relatively long time. This can
lead to complacence. Then the batteries die suddenly, as they are
supposed to. When one discovers that there aren't any fresh ones in the
bag, curses and imprecations follow, along with the conclusion that
these batteries just don't last long enough, no matter how long that was.

Yes, I just checked the bag and my only question is why there are five
357 Bunnies in there instead of 4 or 6. Maybe this is a good time for
everybody to check their bags?

Moose