[OM] Re: On cameras and scams

Subject: [OM] Re: On cameras and scams
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 22:46:19 -0800
Price range does not really seem to have anything to do with it. I took
the DSLR plunge when the fabled E-1 seemed like a 2 1/2 year old empty
promise instead of reality. I have not checked out the E-300 and E-1
since my itch was scratched, but I found that some very expensive
Nikons and Canons had loud shutter mirror systems and my then bottom of
the line D100 was very silky and refined indeed. And a friend's D70 is
not bad at all in that department. The subjective part of using a
camera is so important, at least to me, that I am amazed at people on
other forums who plunk down many thousands of dollars for a camera they
have never held in their hands. If you don't like it when you first
pick it up you will grow to despise it.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA