[OM] Re: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2

Subject: [OM] Re: 7519772104 reasonable 40f2
From: Earl Dunbar <edunbar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 20:32:31 -0400
The viewfinder on an SP appears larger than an RC; it just "sees" and
feels different.  I haven't tested the SP's viewfinder accuracy, but now
I suppose I will.  For years I used a 35/f2.8 silvernose as my
"standard" lens on a single digit OM.  I still consider it more
"standard" (for me) than a 50, but I go on spurts will where the 50 on
an OM1 or OM2 is the only thing I use.  My philosophy is that frequent
exercises of using only one lens for a period and exploiting it is good
for the photographic soul.

Yes, slides.  Or b&w negs visualized and printed full frame.  On a
single digit OM.  Or my M3, when I had one.  Hmmm, wonder what the
accuracy of the Zeiss Ikon finder will be...

I hate the "shoot sloppy and crop later" style.  Not that it's not
sometimes necessary nor that some great photos have been salvaged by
cropping.  But it's just not in my genes/training/philosophy to do it
unless I have no other choice.

Earl