[OM] Re: When old is new again

Subject: [OM] Re: When old is new again
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:37:53 +0800
I don't consider the FL-50 WAY overpriced, it is similar to C*non 580EX. The
FL-50 has all the control you wanted, it even has Manual FP mode. In manual
mode it shown the flash distance, the value will be changed with focal
length, aperture, shutter and ISO setting, you don't need to care for
separate flash adjustment, this is a great feature!

I took it for a Europe trip last summer with my family, the Manual FP model
is extremely useful, even at sunny day (1/500s F5.6 ISO100) it reach 7.2ft
at 35mm setting (it virtually cover 10ft or more for fill flash). In a
travel trip, for family photos you cannot wait for the right light, even at
backlight situation you have to shoot, without the FL-50 I don't think I can
make it (at least in such a simple way, you know wife and boys are not
always that patient in waiting for your flash calculation.)

C.H.Ling