[OM] Re: E-1 sold out

Subject: [OM] Re: E-1 sold out
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2005 08:59:56 -0700 (PDT)
> I'm not quite sure just yet how to react to this news.  My
> choices:
> (1) Phew!  Got mine just in time!
> (2) Rats!  I should've waited!
> (3) Okay!  Now when the E-TBNL comes out, I'll already have
> lenses and a back-up body.

I don't think Olympus could be accused of pulling the wool over
the eyes of the customers.  The impending demise of the E-1 has
been expected for a year now. I bought mine five months ago
fully aware of the chance that a successor could appear any
minute.

With the investment in lenses Olympus has made recently, I can't
imagine them not introducing a new professional E-body.

Another factor worth considering is that with the recent price
declines they have finally exhausted the supply of E-1 bodies
lurking in the wharehouses.  My guess is they probably haven't
been manufacturered since the E-300 hit the assembly line.

Regardless, at the current prices, the E-1 is the best digital
camera deal going.  We're talking high-end Prosumer Digicam
prices here.

No matter how awesome the new camera will be, it won't be nearly
as clean, fast, yada yada as the C*non xxD.  Or so the naysayers
will write.  "Too little, too late--I'm buying C*non" will be
the quote of the year.  IE, "I'm too lazy to shoot without ISO
3200 and image-stabilization."

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com