[OM] Re: doll like photos

Subject: [OM] Re: doll like photos
From: "Paul Braun" <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 11:31:53 -0500
On 4 Aug 2005 at 17:19, Simon Worby wrote:

> Paul Braun wrote:
>
> > Dressing some six-year-old girl up like a hooker is child abuse.
>
> No it isn't!!!

OK, legally it isn't.  And it's just my opinion that it's very, very wrong.  So
won't disagree with you that it's legally not child abuse.

I don't think there's any way we're all going to agree on this subject.  I'm
not
a puritan by any means, and I really appreciate and enjoy truly artistic
nudes and glamour photography, and actually own a half-dozen or so I've
picked up from art fairs over the years.

I just think that any competition where children are forced to compete like
adults is more for the parent's self-gratification than for the child's well-
being.

Again, this is just my opinion.  Same thing goes for stage mothers who try
to force their kids to audition for plays at our theatre, and then when it's
obvious that the child doesn't really want to do it, pushes them on stage
anyway.

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"Enjoy every sandwich" -- Warren Zevon

"At Microsoft, Quality is Job, oh, I dunno..... maybe 7 or 8?"