[OM] Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, this is

Subject: [OM] Lighting ideas for use with OM and e-1 cameras - watch out, this is on topic!
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 17:38:30 EDT
Does anyone out there in Zuikoland have any suggestions for a simple
effective lighting setup which could be used to give the appearance of a soft
natural window light?  Specifically what I want to do is have a light I can
use
inside while demonstrating natural lighting to a group of people for a
workshop
I will be doing at night when the sun is on the other side of the  world.
Most of the work I do that I've shared with folks on this list  is landscapes,
macro, abstract stuff.  One on the things at which I'm  pretty good is
capturing
images of people/children that express something  about whom they are as
human beings.  Almost 100% of this is done with  natural light.  This spring I
am
will be presenting a workshop for a  group of senior citizens at one of the
local universities on capturing better  images of their grandchildren and
children.  The group will be small (12-15  people) and the workshop will be
spread
over a 4 to 6 week period.  There  will be assignments each session and I'll
have plenty of examples, however I  would like to have a light that could be
used to simulate a natural sun light  for demonstrating the beauty of natural
lighting.

So, as you respond to this post, please as specific as possible about what
you have used that works (brand, size, etc.).  Cost is not a huge factor
although my expectation is that it should cost a tremendous amount.  My
intention
is not for my students to go out and buy lights, but rather to see how  they
can use natural lighting. I am not interested in showing them how to set up  a
3 or 4 light studio lighting set up, because they can go to the local studio
and get that done by someone who does that for a living.  If fact part of
what inspired me to think about doing this was the three studio shots done  by
local retailer of my three grandchildren.  Each of the three is in the  same
setup with the same clothes. Ugh!  It could have been anybodies child,  a dog
or a monkey and they would all look the same . . . dreadful.

So let me hear from you.  Bill  Barber