[OM] Re: Cleaning tape residue off of an XA?

Subject: [OM] Re: Cleaning tape residue off of an XA?
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 20:08:23 -0300
on 18/09/2005 19:10, Mark Dapoz at md@xxxxxxxxxxxx, wrote:

>> Ronsonol is 100% naptha.  Other brands may or may not be.
>
> Maybe where you are, but here in Canada it's laced with Heptane.

Laugh about, but here in Uruguay THE cigarette lighter fluid for Zippo
lighters in named Disan. It's pretty normal to go and ask for a liter of
Disan. Noone really knows what does this mix contain, and its name comes
from Dis = disolvente = solvent; and An comes from A.N.C.A.P., an State
owned company which distiles petroleum, alcohol and a cement for fixing
bricks and build up walls which we name 'portland', as is named a city in
the U.S.

It solves lots of things, and its not harmful for the skin. It smells bad
'though. I wouldn't try it on any Olympus item.

My guess is that it's a mixture of naphta, a little gasoil (the one anyone
uses to fill the tank of a Diesel SUV), a little querosene, who knows, some
thinner perhaps and why not, heptane too.

FWIW

Fernando.