[OM] olympus viewer and then acer monitor calibration question.

Subject: [OM] olympus viewer and then acer monitor calibration question.
From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:30:17 +0200
I noticed last night on a very busys machine that  when I open a raw
image in olympus viewer
It displays the picture, then you can see it applying some changes -
usually making it darker.

can anyone explain what's going on, I could understand this happening if
I had made changes to the image and it was applying them, but these are
freshly loaded images being displayed for the first time.

My guess is the first is the raw dump from the sensor, and the second is
with in camera settings applied. If this is the case how do I get just
the raw image, i.e the first view of the image displayed.

secondly I bought an acer 17" monitor at the weekend. I am using
spanning with an ibook and spent a bit of time calibrating it, then I
find when I sleep the mac and waken it, the monitor auto configs and I
can't see a way to stop this.

Thanks Ian