[OM] Re: [OT] Weekend Adventures

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Weekend Adventures
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 12:50:06 -0700 (PDT)
This reminds me that I have posponed my trip to Asia for a loong time, Andrew.
But first things first, Patagonia is my next destination, maybe the year
after...:)
I couldn't resist sharing the story, because this was like entering another
world and one more time apologize for sharing snapshots taken with another
brand of camera.
Lake Winnipesaukee is a very commercialized area that hosts hordes of tourists
all year around.  In most of New England, there is a speed restriction on
boats, but NH being a conservative state does not have one.  This is why all
machos come here to show off with their testosterone levels (and often kill
themselves).  It is not unusual to see speedboats flying at 100mph~160km/hr.
Given this and all sorts of theme parks and amusement centers, it was shocking
to discover this "other" world in a midst of the whole cacophony.
Perfect setting for any fairy-tale, the place has eerie atmosphere of innocence
whose impact on your senses is greatly multiplied by the crash with the world
surrounding it.  I plan to be friends with Chris for a long time...:) and on my
trips I am going to make the time for "real" pictures.  I can even see it turn
into a book with some sort of story...feeling blessed, since to reach this
place, you have to know someone who owns property on the island.
I realize that I wrote the previous post without my thinking cap on and
apologize for the numerous misspellings and gramatically incorrect expressions.
Boris