[OM] Re: Homepage picture update

Subject: [OM] Re: Homepage picture update
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:10:42 -0800 (PST)
Richard wrote:
> BTW, have you ever tried programming the AEL button to do auto
> focus when the auto focus is in manual mode?  I like it much
> better than using S.AF+MF... one still has the option to fine
> tune the focus manually and most importantly, the focus stays
> fixed and allows one to shoot another frame
> without the camera attempting another auto-focus.

So THAT's how it works.  Well duh!  I'm going to try it out.
However, I know my A1 doesn't have this capability so I'll run
into the hassles of having two different camera configurations.

My dream E-1 firmware update would be to allow the AEL button to
take on the roll of instant spot-metering.  That's how my A1 is
setup and it functions exactly the same as the spot-meter button
on the IS-3 as well as the OM-4.

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com