[OM] Re: OT..but Optical

Subject: [OM] Re: OT..but Optical
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 20:53:11 -0800

>If I were buying a new pair at the moment, it would be the Nikon
>Superior E 8x32.

I really like the "hand" of the SuperE's, perhaps best of all models I
tried, but they got bumped in the final cut because they were slow to
aquire the image. Again a problem for spectacle wearers. Also porro
prisms are not waterproof and fogproof. Take betterviewdesired with a
grain of salt. A lot of good info and I went into the store with the
idea of walking out with the Nikon Venturers on their recommendation.
Found them in reality to be not for me perhaps mainly because of the eye
relief issue. You really gotta try them in person.

Mike