[OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get

Subject: [OM] Re: Irritating question #183--Which scanner to get
From: Andrew Gullen <andrew.gullen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 06:31:35 -0500
on 2006/01/27 4:57 AM, swisspace at swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Here is an example of the problem I am having with kodachrome  - scanned
> with canoscan 2700F
>
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/54049769-M-1.jpg

This looks OK - what does the original slide look like? This looks like some
of the Kodachromes I've got when I shot in low light that wasn't
daylight-balanced (e.g., due to surrounding reflective surfaces). The
combination of off-white light and underexposure isn't kind to it.

That said, it's not a bad shot - it looks like a workshop with soft window
light, and if that's what it is, maybe there's no problem. You couldn't
raise the exposure without burning out the boy's arm.

How do the two slides look side by side on a light box?

> and here is a better result  from same scanner
>
> http://thattimeoflife.smugmug.com/photos/46436069-M.jpg

Andrew