[OM] Opinion on scans/prints made with Fuji Frontier 350

Subject: [OM] Opinion on scans/prints made with Fuji Frontier 350
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 18:44:10 -0500
The lab I have used for 15 years is not doing well and his Agfa equipment he
optically used to make prints requires a new board for 8K.  He is unlikely to
repair this.  He scans the neg or slides and then prints them from a so-so
scan.  I am not sure I want to use the scans for the OO either.
The color balance has been off as well as some ? degradation of resolution.  I
do not wish to take my OO film to him until he sorts out the problems.  Another
lab fairly close by has the above mentioned laser scanner system. A standard
slide scan is $.90/ slide and "high Res" $8.00/scan. Apparently this machine
only takes mounted slides and thus the increased cost.---I  do not know the
resolution though it generates about a 12 MB file.  I trust this technique is
fine, though interested in an opinion before trying them.   Thanks.
  (www.digitalinfocus.com)
Mike