[OM] Re: Double Exposure with Om-F; or, my new OM5?

Subject: [OM] Re: Double Exposure with Om-F; or, my new OM5?
From: Dean Hansen <hanse112@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 10:27:02 -0600
    Moose answered Bao's question about double exposures using an OM
body and suggested the OM2000.  I bought a Nikon FE2  partly because it
has a reliable means of doing double and, for that matter, multiple
exposures.  One such use would be to track a lunar eclipse on one frame,
by taking an exposure every, say, 15 minutes with a fairly wide angle
lens with the camera on a firm tripod.  I also want to take a photo of
the sunset around the spring equinox, leave the camera in place, and
then take the same shot on the same frame for one or two more sunsets to
show how much the sun is advancing to the north at this time (about one
sun diameter/day).
    An "excellent plus" FE2 was about $190 from Cameta, and, frankly,
I'm impressed with the camera.  It has a few nice features for about
half the cost of a used OM4T.  The 1/250 flash sync offers some
possibilities (e.g., eliminating "ghost images" when photographing
butterflies with a flash, which can happen with the 1/60 OM flash
sync).  Nikon's SB24 and other flashes can also be cranked down in power
and flash duration (to something like 1/12,000 sec) to stop hummingbird
wings in flight.  I want to try this with what are known as sphinx moths
or hummingbird moths this coming summer.  I couldn't do it with my OM's
(I have three, and much of the macro equipment Olympus every made).  A
shorter flash sync, and the ability to do multiple exposures, perhaps
would have been incorporated into an OM5;  Nikon, to their credit, did
it with the FE2.  When folks ask, I call it my OM5.
    I bought the OM4T's and Olympus macro equipment because it was the
best on the market.  But that FE2 is a nice addition to the stable and
can do a couple additional tricks that I find useful--and at a
reasonable price.
Dean