[OM] developing/printing C-41 film

Subject: [OM] developing/printing C-41 film
From: "james olson" <james_olson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 21:30:45 -0700
In my area, (Astoria, Oregon) all the local mini-labs have gone to the new
hybrid / digital labs, which I think is terrible for film.  The last 3 rolls
of film I took in to have printed makes me want to sell my 35mm gear.  Fred
Meyer used to have a great Noritsu processor that was beatiful with film,
but the new machine adds contrast, saturation and sharpening to the prints.

Does anyone know of a good on-line printing company that still does optical
prints (4x6) from film, and does so reasonably?

Anyone else having similar problems?

James.