[OM] Re: A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?

Subject: [OM] Re: A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:15:02 -0700
There are two kinds of diffraction operating, the one from the small
physical size of the aperture and the one from the small size of the
photosensor site. On a D2X which has photosites on the sensor almost
identical in size to the ones on your E300, F11 is just beginning to
show softening. F11 is probably a good limit for your camera too, but
a little sharper probably with a half stop wider.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA