[OM] Re: A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?

Subject: [OM] Re: A what f-stop do diffraction issues set in?
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 17:44:36 -0400
Sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly and used a circle of confusion value
appropriate to an APS size digital sensor.  The E-thing sensor is
smaller and requires a more rigorous CoC value or half what you'd use
for 35mm film.

With a tighter CoC I compute

                 f/4     f/5.6   f/8     f/11
hyperfocal      9.7     6.9     4.9     3.6
distance
in feet

If, as I guess, f/5.6 is somewhere near optimal for performance of the
14-54 at 14mm you can focus at about 7 feet and get evertyhing from 3.5
feet to infinity in sharp focus.  Even with the more restrictive CoC
you've still got depth of field galore.  Happy landscaping.

Chuck Norcutt