[OM] First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal

Subject: [OM] First Zuiko shots on 5D - and praise for the WhiBal
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 22:31:08 -0700
It's been rainy the last couple of days, with clouds low enough to make
it foggy here.

So I shot some irises sitting in a vase. Just test shots so the
backgrounds aren't right, but I think the flowers came out quite well
<http://moosemystic.net/Gallery/MPhotos/CAirises/>.

At first, I was having a terrible time with the shots in the RAW
converter and PS, Didn't look right, couldn't seem to fix them. Then I
thought "Doh!", may have slapped my head, and ran in to take a shot of
the WhiBal in it in the same light. Presto, click on the gray in the
converter, process the others with the same setting, and suddenly
everything it great. The lighting was an odd mix of tungsten, those bulb
replacement florescents behind opal glass and a little gray outdoor light.

Yeah, I know, the E-1 would have nailed the WB without help. :-)

Moose