[OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses

Subject: [OM] Re: The 5D and manual focus OM lenses
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 10:47:02 -0700
I thought progressives sucked too. Even though I tend to
claustrophobia I don't think that has anything to do with it. I just
had difficulty finding a point of sharp focus and then it was so
small. And a slight tilt of the frames on the head would mess
everything up.

One of the problems with us older folks is that the lens in the eye
is constantly, slowly changing shape from the last point of focus. It
is hard to get consistent focus depending on what you looked at last.
Autofocus may be more accurate, besides being faster.  A screen with
a focusing aid may help with the manual focus. Not as accurate as
young eyes and a ground glass, but close enough.

Winsor
Long Beach, California, USA