[OM] Re: Well, that settles it

Subject: [OM] Re: Well, that settles it
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:05:43 -0700 (PDT)
Khen,
> I've always always loved this lens and in fact...

There are two lenses I'll never part with--ever.  The 100/2.8
and the 35/2.8. Both are silvernosed and near the end of the
silvernosed/single-coated (non-green) runs. The Bokeh of these
lenses and the sharpness is uncanny. I've never encountered any
other Zuikos that have the same exact flavor as these two
lenses. If I want to shoot a picture with a 3D look to them,
these are my lenses.  Portraiture and near-close up work just
come alive.  One thing I've noticed about them is that there are
certain aberations which are identical to those found in Contax
lenses for the 645AF.  Same exact look.

> Upon that, Maitani set up the meeting with the Zuiko
> Optical Group. These guys are scary people - the way they
> think so obtusely.

Was the dioptric control for the IS-series part of your design
too?  I bought one of those for mine and still think that it's
one of the best viewfinder optics I've ever used.  The AZ-330
was a brilliant design, but I know we had a horrible time with
mechanical problems with them. I think we had nearly a 100% send
off rate to repair at our store.

Maybe I should pack the IS-3 too???

AG

http://mail.yahoo.com