[OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32

Subject: [OM] Re: E330 and T20/T32
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:23:20 -0400
Nils Frohberg reported back in September that he had an email from Oly
Europe stating that all E-series digitals were protected to 200 volts on
the hot shoe.  Nils also reported that he had tested his E-500 with a
Vivitar flash that measured at 150 volts.  A T-32 or T-20 is about 12
volts.  I don't know that anyone has reported using a T-32 or a T-20 on
an E-330 but they have certainly been reported here as being used on
E-1's and D-500's.  I wouldn't worry about it.

As to connecting the flashes using the BG2 as you suggest the answer is
yes.  If you need even more light and have other non-OM flash units you
can trigger them remotely using an optical slave.  You can buy them that
look like this at your local Ritz Camera store for about $10-12.  I have
a couple of them and they work very well.  Very sensitive.
<http://cgi.ebay.com/Slave-Trigger-for-Hot-Shoe-Flash-Wireless-New_W0QQitemZ180036848306QQihZ008QQcategoryZ30084QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>

For that matter, maybe you can add the E-330's pop-up flash to the mix
in manual mode.  I don't know if it will fire the pop-up flash and hot
shoe simlutaneously of if the pop-up being up disables the hot shoe.
You could also take your T-32, T-20 and other flashes and put them all
off camera on optical slaves mounted on light stands and trigger them
all with the pop-up on the camera.

Chuck Norcutt