[OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem

Subject: [OM] Re: 65-116 auto tube coupling problem
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 12:28:17 -0500
Sounds like maybe coupling ring edge has worn down from extensive use
(it's plastic).  If all lens tabs are sitting on this damaged area, ring
could need replacing (which requires the crazy-gluing of a
spring-loaded-string into the slot of the new ring.)  If other lens tabs
sit outside this damaged area, then a mild rebend of the 65-116 tab may
take care of everything. As mentioned before, tabs can be very brittle
and may not react well to bending.

John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121 | Olympus OM Service since 1977
http://www.zuiko.com  |  omtech1 AT verizon.net