[OM] Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S

Subject: [OM] Newly acquired Olympus rangefinder/P&S
From: "Walters, Martin" <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 10:10:13 -0500
Yesterday, mail/courrier services dropped off a Sears/Olympus 35-SII
(with F2.8 lens) and a Trip 35. Both bought on impulse just before Xmas
(didn't win a nice looking Oly Wide though).

The Trip appears to be in great condition, but needs to have the door
light seal replaced before I run some film through it.

The 35S is in pretty good cosmetic condition, the focus is smooth if
slightly stiff (which could be normal), the diaphragm doesn't stick and
the shutter fires (do need to listen to the various speeds). Came with
original cap, slightly the worse for wear and, as a surprise, the
matching Tower light meter (mounts on flash shoe) with case. After a
good clean of the exterior, the only flaw seems to be a dirty lens.
There's a "film", for want of a better word, on the the centre part of
the lens somewhere "inside", which doesn't look like fungus. I'll have
to run a film through to see what impact it has.

CDFO willing, maybe 2007 will bring a couple more rangefinders to keep
these company.

Martin