[OM] Delayed Digital Capture - DDC

Subject: [OM] Delayed Digital Capture - DDC
From: AG Schnozz <agschnozz@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 07:16:14 -0800 (PST)
Unless somebody can prove otherwise, I've coined a new term for
imaging:

DELAYED DIGITAL CAPTURE or DDC or short.

This is the method of using a high-resolution line-array digital
camera that is mated to a host computer to digitally capture an image
take by an intermediate technology.

What we do is shoot the picture with a non-digital medium that holds
the relative light levels and colors of the original scene for later
digitization.

The end result is still a DIGITAL image, which is editable and
printable just as any other DIGITAL image.  The only difference is
the use of an intermediate medium which handles the delay by
replicating the original scene.

AG-Schnozz

http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail