[OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash

Subject: [OM] Re: Obscene price of on camera flash
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 06:43:19 -0500
Are you implying that wedding photographers are not pro's? :-)

My photo mentor and also the mentor of Dr. Flash owns a Qflash but
doesn't use it.  But it is at least a few years old.  He uses either a
Lumedyne or a Canyon 580EX.  The Lumedyne is manual only (with only 3
power levels) and is typically used on camera as fill flash with another
Lumedyne on a portable light stand serving as the main.  The 580EX is
also used only in manual mode.  I don't know why he spent the money for
a 580EX only to use it in manual mode.  Maybe just because the manual
power control dial is easy to use.

I guess I should point out that there are never less than two lights but
sometimes the sun counts as one of them.

Chuck Norcutt