[OM] Re: Elcheepo radio flash triggers -- Dr Flash, please

Subject: [OM] Re: Elcheepo radio flash triggers -- Dr Flash, please
From: Tim Hughes <timhughes@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2007 18:19:23 -0800 (PST)
The Digi camera strobe trigger outputs that I  have looked at, (either on flash
shoe or pc
connector) trigger on the preflash. This means if you are combining a system
flash with a remotely
triggered unit the preflash triggers the remote trigger unit (and so provides
no fill at the main
flash time).   They could in theory provide a counting or timed delay mode on
the remote trigger
but I have not seen it commercially.  You could probably use a Sunpak digital
counting handle unit
(inexpensive) or similar delayed unit to add trigger delay to an inexpensive
radio remote if you
really wanted to.

Alternatively disable the ttl flash (for example see my notes on Mark Dapoz's
website) and just
use regular on camera non-ttl auto mode to get regular flash triggering but
with remote fill etc
from the radio link.

Tim Hughes