[OM] Re: FS: various OM stuff

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: various OM stuff
From: Richard <richard-lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 17:53:09 -0700
At 05:36 PM 6/13/2007, Jeff Keller wrote:

>Richard is quite knowledgeable and not trying to make a profit by
>running a resale business. He's just a little mis-guided in recent
>years thinking that red dots on cameras mean that it is the one you
>should buy ... but his misguided efforts have resulted in some very
>nice Olympus gear being sold. I wouldn't hesitate to buy anything from

It's that damn rangefinder thing. It's like a cult. Once you are used
to it.... Although lately I have gone wide and shooting with the
X-PanII/TX-2 (also a rangefinder of course)....

>him.  I've still got one of his very nice lenses sitting in front of
>me on my desk at home  :-))  it brings pleasure even just looking at
>it OMMMMM.
>
>Interesting .... I think he also had a Voightlander 90mm at one time
>but it sounds as if he replaced it with a Zuiko 90mm f2 ...

I bought the 90/2 way back when and it definitely is the lens that
you need to pry off my cold dead hands. Wide open, the Leica 90/2AA
is sharper, without a doubt, but I have not seen bokeh that creamy
from any lens that compare to the Zuiko 90/2.

// richard (This email is for mailing lists. To reach me directly,
please use richard at imagecraft.com)