[OM] Advice please- stage photography

Subject: [OM] Advice please- stage photography
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 16:54:04 +0100
Dear All

I am going to the Mersea Island Festival next weekend to hear and see
our youngest son play in his band -- on the Acoustic Stage, apparently.

I am required to take photos for the band, so I had better be on my
mettle.  I'll use the E-1 rather than the E-500, perhaps with the
RF645 loaded for posed shots if needed. Since it will be daylight,
but I suppose the stage will be darker, has anyone any titbits of
advice on the pitfalls of this sort of photography?

I don't yet know if we will be backstage or just in the mosh pit (!),
but I expect that I will be able to get close enough sometime for
decent short tele shots.

Any ideas?

Chris

~~ >-)-