[OM] Re: Visit to NZ and Oz

Subject: [OM] Re: Visit to NZ and Oz
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 22:24:39 +1100
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> I think it's great how 'an hour-and-a-half up the road' is
>> considered to be more-or-less still 'Brisbane'.
>>

> Yeah, but it's an hour-and-a-half in "ideal" conditions.  I was on that
> freeway a few weeks ago and we travelled about 10km in 30min until we
> decided to just exit and take a back road (also slow, but a bit more
> interesting).

Yes, well, "ideal" *does* indeed mostly means "Outside of school
holidays" and "Not on a Friday night" (coming up) or "Not on a Sunday
night" (going back), or basically those times when the Brisbanites might
be driving up for a holiday. We've done it quite a bit though outside of
those times (my brother lives in Brissie) and it's 132km and 1.5 hours
almost to the minute, and usually a bit of a doddle, especially if you
ignore the signs and stick to the Bruce Highway to Eumundi rather than
take the Sunshine Motorway.

Cheers,
Marc (Am I speaking like a local yet?)
Noosa Heads, Oz