[OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm

Subject: [OM] Re: filter rec. for 12-60mm
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:24:16 -0500
Ha, ha!  Clear filters unique to digital!  What the marketers won't
think up next!  Clear and UV filters are one of the biggest profit
margin things a camera dealer sells.  Skip the clear protective filters
(for either film or digital) and just keep your lens hood on.  It's
better protection against bangs and bumps.  Ignore the UV filter as
well.  Modern lenses already absorb as much UV as a typical UV filter is
likely to cut.  B+W makes filters with brass threads.  Good stuff but
you won't need any filter beyond a polarizer.

Chuck Norcutt