[OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anyone use retouchers?
From: Candace Lemarr <CandaceRocks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 10:59:28 -0700
Hooray, I've been Mooseterized!!
I Love it when you do this.

Do you remember the tv commercials from about 30 years ago or
so...."we're here at the world famous Tavern on the Green restaurant
where we've secretly replaced the fresh ground coffee with folgers
instant crystals"....well, I was "secretly hoping" you'd show me what
you would change. Thank you!

I much prefer your final image with the skin tones better and the eyes
and brows sharpened.
I don't know why they ended up choosing the image that was so bright,
there were other options, but at that point I was beyond asking why, and
just wanting them to be happy, as long as it was something I could also
live with having people know was my work.
To be honest, sometimes I think people are so used to getting poor
photos...used to seeing the plastic skin look, that this is what they
come to expect and/or think they want.

Moose, you have more knowledge in your little pinky finger about all of
this stuff than I have forgotten or not comprehended.
Do you use CS3 or CS2 for your retouching?
I am using (and loving) little ole basic PhotoShop Elements 1.0 I have
others, but this is my go-to software. Consequently, when I see or hear
what someone is using to make a certain look or fix certain issues, I
have to try and figure what tool or what process to go through in PSE1.0
to get a similar result. I end up scrapping a lot of projects, but I
learn quite a bit in the doing.

I always enjoy your version of other people's images. Even if I don't
agree with your version (which is not often), I always learn from what
you do. Thank you for taking the time to play with this image of mine.

Candace