[OM] Re: Christmas digital camera recommendations

Subject: [OM] Re: Christmas digital camera recommendations
From: Dan Mitchell <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 19:53:39 -0700
> Anyhow, all recommendations happily accepted.

  I have a Canon SD630; the equivalent current model is the SD750. If
you just want a pocket-sized point+shoot, they're definitely worth a
look; my father and my parents-in-law both bought the 750 based on how
much they liked the one I have.

  It's definitely a point and shoot -- you can wind exposure
compensation up and down, pick ISO, enable/disable flash, and that's
about it, but if you don't want to worry about the fiddly details it'll
do what you need, and it's very very easy to learn. Movie mode is there,
works very nicely; screen is 3", which is another popular feature).

  (the SD800 is like the SD750, but with IS and a 2.5" screen).

  -- dan